Plan a Kitchen Remodel
The kitchen is the heart of your home. It is where you sit down with family and talk about the day’s events. It is where guests congregate during dinner parties to catch up with old friends. It is where your kids sit to do their homework or kick off an entertaining night of fun and games. It is your home’s hub. So, it is important to keep your home’s character in mind when planning a kitchen remodel. Considering how you currently use your kitchen and thinking about how you’d like to see the space utilized is important during the initial kitchen remodel planning and preparation phase. Take a look at these kitchen layouts and decide if any seem like a good fit for your Charlotte home.
- Single Wall Kitchen:A single wall kitchen could be your solution when space is an issue. Limited kitchen space can cause your room to feel cramped and crowded. Proper planning and design can make a small kitchen feel large with this unique layout that places the counter and storage space along with appliances on the same wall.
- U-Shaped Kitchen:Large kitchens can benefit from a u-shape layout as it helps amplify storage and counter space. U-shaped kitchens provide space for the triangle layout allowing for a maximum functionality.
- Island Kitchen: This contemporary layout is ideal for chefs (or would-be chefs) as it provides ample counter space for planning, preparation and serving of meals. Large families or households that enjoy entertaining look to island layouts as it provides additional seating and gathering space.
- Galley Kitchen: A once common design in homes and apartments, the galley kitchen is ideal for smaller homes looking to maximize their kitchen space. A galley kitchen layout is generally a long, narrow room with two opposing walls complete with counter and storage space.
- L-Shaped Kitchen: Perhaps the most popular of kitchen layouts is the l-shaped kitchen. The fully functional layout creates a convenient space to plan and cook meals without taking up a large space within your home. L-shaped kitchen layouts maximize functionality when the kitchen adjoins a casual space. In this case, you are able to create an open layout between your kitchen and the dining or living room, which is ideal for entertaining.
A well-devised plan can help you save time and money on your kitchen remodel. Consider your options and discover the kitchen of your dreams!